Thursday, August 16, 2007

Week 4 Thing 8 RSS feeds and Bloglines

Finding RSS feeds was like opening a whole new world. I think it will be helpful to have a place to gather Library news fast. Hopefully, it will hep me keep more up to date. Unfortunately, I couldn't come up with a way to link my page to my Igoogle site. This would make it one stop shop so to speak. Has anybody done this, connect my blogline to igoogle?

I hope we could offer some RSS feeds from our library website, especially a way to send new title lists to customers, or this months library events.

I was totally frustrated trying to add a blog roll to this blog. The share tab they alluded to got moved to another place. I asked for help from Amy. This is what she came up with:

Click or do the following:
feeds
options
Blog settings
yes-publish my blogroll
save
A link at the bottom of the feeds section on the left, click share
generate html
copy the script language

Go to your blog on the dashboard of blogger
layout
add a page element
html jave script
add
paste under content
save changes

This was not at all intuitive!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Try Google Reader--I think it's much easier and it will integrate seamlessly with your iGoogle page (aaah, I loooovvve Google! :-). You can export your Bloglines subscriptions if you want to, and them import them into Google Reader (I haven't tried it, but we could work it out).