Saturday, August 18, 2007

Week 5 Thing 12 Rollyo

Rollyo was interesting. I tried to make up a search engine that would search a lot of good reference sources. I thought I could use it when I'm signed in to MDAskUsNow or on the reference desk. I have a feeling that the search engines will work better if they are on a narrower topic. Just for fun, I also made up a search engine of scrapbooking websites. I'll be able to see which type of search engine works better.

I also noticed there is something similar to rollyo on my igoogle page. It might work better and would be fewer clicks when I'm on the reference desk.

I managed to add a link to some of the things we've been learning to my igoogle page by adding bookmarks. Apparently it is a little quirky. I'll have to see if the links keep working, or if I have to remove them later in frustration.

I am having a frustrating time signing in the this blog. It doesn't like my password. It seems to let me in if I right click and open it in a new window! Very bizarre!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Thing is, there's a problem with Rollyo--you may not get the results you're expecting to get. I think Rollyo is rather a misleading tool--see my blog post about Rollyo.

Joanna said...

I thing I like the google search tool much better.