Sunday, September 23, 2007

Week 9 Thing 21 Podcasting

I decided to try to subscribe to a yahoo podcast. I ended up trying to download Yahoo jukebox. This seemed HUGE and I didn't figure out how it worked anyway. I think my Windows XP kept blocking the subscription I was trying to download. I haven't removed the Yahoo jukebox software yet. It might come in handy for music downloads.

I listened to a 15 minute podcast called 2nd life library. It was about the health info island. In second life, they were building the land to create a place where people could learn about surgeries and hospitals. The "customer" could virtually sit down and have discussion about health issues, what surgery or a hospital might be like. I thought this would be a really cool way to alleviate someones fears and prepare for a hospital visit.

I added a subscription to bloglines called Talk with Talis about current library technology issues, things like libary 2.0. While playing around looking for podcasts I got off track and added a few new widgets to my igoogle page about popular books and Amazon's top items. They should be useful later.

No comments: