Sunday, September 30, 2007

Week 9 Thing 22 audiobooks

World ebook Fair ws incredibly impressive for $8.95 a year for both ebook and audiobooks. It contained 500,000 books with audio, tech, classic, adult, children's and sci fi. Admittedly, a lot of it was governement or free, but it was nice to gain access to it all in one place.

I've known about Project Gutenberg for quite a few years, but I've mostly looked at their ebooks. It was interesting to note that they now have sheet music, science fiction, ways to download huge portions of their collection to CD and lots of languages. There seemed to be a huge amount of computer generated works, maybe more than human. I'm not sure I could listen that long to a computer voice!

I've used Overdrive quite a few times, so I didn't look at it much. Recently I got a fast cable connection at home which enabled me to download audio items. I plan to use it more now. I even downloaded a video of Archie and Mahitabel, an old favorite story of my mother-in-law!

No comments: